The mission of International Student Program (ISP) is to provide the best service and support possible for our international students. We seek to enhance our international students stay in the USA, and particularly at LACC, by providing quality cultural, academic, regulatory, and social programs. We believe that international students serve as a vital “bridge” in cross-cultural understanding. Our goal is to promote positive international educational exchange through all of our programs and interactions. The multifunctional role of the ISP includes serving as the primary liaison for community contacts, governmental (federal, state, and local) agencies and university departments, which interface with international students.
- To provide international students with advice and documentation necessary to maintain their legal status in the U.S.
- To represent LACC to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of State, and other governmental agencies dealing with international students
- To guide international students in their adaptation to the American culture and campus life
- To maintain LACC compliance regarding regulations concerning international students
- Initial orientation for all international students
- U.S. immigration advisement
- Travel authorization and counseling regarding application for new visas
- Authorize and advise on how to apply for practical training and extension of programs
- Liaison with U.S. and foreign embassies/consulates
- Assistance with matters of cultural adjustment
- Informational workshops, programming and cultural activities
- Provide networks for international students to assist one another
- Provide Academic Counseling and transfer assistance